You may also be looking for my poster presentations, which are elsewhere.
Here are some links to slide decks from presentations that I have given, in reverse chronological order. Note that not every talk I have given is available here, so get in touch if you think something is missing. Similarly, if you spot a mistake do let me know.
- 20.5.2022 I spoke at the Wave physics and imaging applications workshop hosted by the Institute of Seismology in Helsinki [slides].
- 10.3.2022 I gave a seminar to the group at the University of Groningen [slides].
- 15.2.2022 I gave a seminar to the group in Bielefeld [slides].
- 11.1.2022 I gave the EuCAPT virtual colloquium [slides].
- 12.11.2021 I gave a talk titled First order phase transitions and gravitational wave signatures at the online conference Anomalies 2021 [slides].
- 1.11.2021 I spoke again to the first-year Finnish-language bachelor students about what it's like to be a scientist and highlighting the importance of teamwork and diversity in our profession [slides].
- 6.9.2021 I gave a remote, online seminar to the group in Tallinn titled Microphysics and metric perturbations [slides].
- 13.7.2021 With a presentation titled From dimensional reduction to droplets, I spoke about understanding strong phase transitions at the workshop Gravitational Wave Probes of Physics Beyond the Standard Model [slides].
- 27.5.2021 I spoke at the Tiedekulma event Materials matter: from the big bang to drug delivery to promote the Matter and Materials research area. I talked about Listening for the origins of the Universe with cosmological gravitational waves [slides].
- 12.10.2020 Similar to the talk last week, but a bit longer, I gave a talk to the Finnish physical sciences students [slides].
- 6.10.2020 I gave an introductory presentation to the BSc Science students in Helsinki [slides]. There were some technical gremlins, so I recorded a video too.
- 9.7.2020 I gave an online-Teilchentee to the group in Heidelberg [slides].
- 6.4.2020 My first online talk! I gave the first CP3-online lecture [slides].
(note that most presentations prior to this date were developed against an older version of the reveal.js library, and may have minor formatting issues)
- 3.3.2020 I gave the joint Tufts/MIT cosmology seminar at MIT [slides].
- 27.2.2020 I gave a short talk at the Finnish LISA Day in Helsinki [slides].
- 24.1.2020 I gave a colloquium talk at the Department of Physics, University of Jyväskylä [slides].
- 4.12.2019 and 11.12.2019 I gave two seminars in the UK at the start of December, one at King's College London [slides] and the other at Liverpool [slides].
- 28.11.2019 I am part of the Matter and Materials profiling action and gave a short talk about my work as part of a seminar introducing the research profiles of those supported by the scheme [slides].
- 11.10.2019 I was invited to the Brda 2019 workshop Selected topics in high energy physics, astrophysics, and cosmology to give a talk about gravitational waves from first-order phase transitions [slides].
- 17.9.2019 At the NORDITA programme Gravitational Waves from the Early Universe I gave a talk titled Simulating a strongly first-order thermal phase transition [slides].
- 10.7.2019 I made a brief visit to the TRIUMF theory group and gave a talk about vorticity from first-order phase transitions [slides].
- 2.7.2019 At PASCOS 2019 I gave a short talk about simulating strongly first order phase transitions and the consequences for gravitational wave production [slides].
- 13.6.2019 I was in Madrid for the first week of the IFT workshop Opportunities at Future High Energy Colliders and spoke about gravitational waves [slides].
- 7.6.2019 I visited Amsterdam and gave a talk at the Spring 2019 Theoretical Cosmology meeting [slides].
- 5.6.2019 I attended the workshop on inflation and the dark sector at the University of Jyväskylä, and gave a talk [slides].
- 2.5.2019 I gave a 30 minute blackboard talk at UKCosmo. Please see here for more information.
- 25.4.2019 I gave a demonstration lecture [slides] about the precession of the perihelion of Mercury due to general relativity, as part of the recruitment process for a tenure-track position in gravitational wave cosmology at the University of Helsinki.
- 20.3.2019 I gave a short single slide talk at the Ernest Rutherford Fellowships induction workshop.
- 18.3.2019 I gave a slightly updated version of my cosmic necklaces talk to the TPP group at Sussex [slides].
- 16.1.2019 I also gave a version of my talk about cosmic necklaces at the 6th LISA Cosmology Working Group workshop [slides].
- 8.1.2019 Returning to the Department of Mathematics and Physics at the University of Stavanger, I gave a talk about cosmic necklaces [slides].
- 23.11.2018 In early winter 2018 I spoke at Particle Physics day in Jyväskylä [slides].
- 22.10.2018 A workshop was held at the Lorentz Center in Leiden on cosmic topological defects. I only made it for one day, but I still managed to give a talk [slides].
- 4.10.2018 I also went to a workshop on composite dark matter at ECT* and gave a talk [slides].
- 28.9.2018 In autumn 2018 I spoke at CHARGED 2018 [slides].
- 4.9.2018 In late summer 2018 I gave two talks at the Aspen Center for Physics. The first was a short talk introducing myself, while the second was a longer outdoor(!) blackboard talk, for which I have my notes [pdf].
- 12.7.2018 At the LISA Symposium in Chicago in July I gave a short talk summarising my work on gravitational waves from first-order phase transitions [slides].
- 13.6.2018 I gave a quick update on PTPlot during the 5th LISA Cosmology Working Group workshop [slides].
- 29.5.2018 I spoke at PRACEdays18 about the results of our PRACE Tier-0 project 'GWEUPT' [slides].
- 2.5.2018 In order to be granted the title of Docent by the University of Helsinki, I had to give a demonstration lecture. I chose the topic, which was Maxwell's equations [slides].
- 19.2.2018 In the late winter/early spring I gave seminars in several places. My presentation for the talk I gave at DESY is available online [slides].
- 17.2.2018 I performed at a ScienceSLAM in Helsinki. You can see my slides and watch a video!
- 16.11.2017 In autumn 2017 I visited Helsingin Suomalainen Yhteiskoulu and spoke to their IB Physics students about gravitational waves [slides].
- 12.8.2017 In summer 2017 I was invited to give a talk at Worldcon 75 in Helsinki [slides].
- 4.7.2017 I gave a talk at a NORDITA workshop in July 2017, which is available to watch on YouTube [slides].
- 19.5.2017 In spring 2017 I gave a series of lectures on gravitational waves at the Spring School on Numerical Relativity and Gravitational Wave Physics.
[I started using reveal.js to give talks in 2017, which is why this list starts here]