You may also be looking for my poster presentations, which are elsewhere.
Here are some links to slide decks from presentations that I have given, in reverse chronological order. Note that not every talk I have given is available here, so get in touch if you think something is missing. Similarly, if you spot a mistake do let me know.
- 6.4.2020 My first online talk! I gave the first CP3-online lecture - you can find the slides here.
(note that most presentations prior to this date were developed against an older version of the reveal.js library, and may have minor formatting issues)
- 3.3.2020 I gave the joint Tufts/MIT cosmology seminar at MIT. The slides are here.
- 27.2.2020 I gave a short talk (slides) at the Finnish LISA Day in Helsinki.
- 24.1.2020 I gave a colloquium talk at the Department of Physics, University of Jyväskylä. The slides are online.
- 4.12.2019 and 11.12.2019 I gave two seminars in the UK at the start of December, one at King’s College London (slides here) and the other at Liverpool (slides here).
- 28.11.2019 I am part of the Matter and Materials profiling action and gave a short talk about my work as part of a seminar introducing the research profiles of those supported by the scheme.
- 11.10.2019 I was invited to the Brda 2019 workshop Selected topics in high energy physics, astrophysics, and cosmology to give a talk about gravitational waves from first-order phase transitions. My slides are online here.
- 17.9.2019 At the NORDITA programme Gravitational Waves from the Early Universe I gave a talk titled Simulating a strongly first-order thermal phase transition, for which the slides are online.
- 10.7.2019 I made a brief visit to the TRIUMF theory group and gave a talk about vorticity from first-order phase transitions - slides here.
- 2.7.2019 At PASCOS 2019 I gave a short talk about simulating strongly first order phase transitions and the consequences for gravitational wave production - here are my slides.
- 13.6.2019 I was in Madrid for the first week of the IFT workshop Opportunities at Future High Energy Colliders and spoke about gravitational waves; my slides are here.
- 7.6.2019 I visited Amsterdam and gave a talk at the Spring 2019 Theoretical Cosmology meeting. My slides are here.
- 5.6.2019 I attended the workshop on inflation and the dark sector at the University of Jyväskylä, and gave a talk. My slides are online.
- 2.5.2019 I gave a 30 minute blackboard talk at UKCosmo. Please see here for more information.
- 25.4.2019 I gave a demonstration lecture about the precession of the perihelion of Mercury due to general relativity, as part of the recruitment process for a tenure-track position in gravitational wave cosmology at the University of Helsinki.
- 20.3.2019 I gave a short single slide talk at the Ernest Rutherford Fellowships induction workshop.
- 18.3.2019 I gave a slightly updated version of the cosmic necklaces talk to the TPP group at Sussex.
- 16.1.2019 I also gave a version of my talk about cosmic necklaces at the 6th LISA Cosmology Working Group workshop.
- 8.1.2019 Returning to the Department of Mathematics and Physics at the University of Stavanger, I gave a talk about cosmic necklaces.
- 23.11.2018 In early winter 2018 I spoke at Particle Physics day in Jyväskylä. My slides are online.
- 22.10.2018 A workshop was held at the Lorentz Center in Leiden on cosmic topological defects. I only made it for one day, but I still managed to give a talk.
- 4.10.2018 I also went to a workshop on composite dark matter at ECT* and gave a talk.
- 28.9.2018 In autumn 2018 I spoke at CHARGED 2018, my slides are here.
- 4.9.2018 In late summer 2018 I gave two talks at the Aspen Center for Physics. The first was a short talk introducing myself, while the second was a longer outdoor(!) blackboard talk, for which I have my notes [pdf].
- 12.7.2018 At the LISA Symposium in Chicago in July I gave a short talk summarising my work on gravitational waves from first-order phase transitions.
- 13.6.2018 I gave a quick update on PTPlot during the 5th LISA Cosmology Working Group workshop, with a few slides.
- 29.5.2018 I spoke at PRACEdays18 about the results of our PRACE Tier-0 project ‘GWEUPT’. My slides are here.
- 2.5.2018 In order to be granted the title of Docent by the University of Helsinki, I had to give a demonstration lecture. I chose the topic, which was Maxwell’s equations. You can see my slides online.
- 19.2.2018 In the late winter/early spring I gave seminars in several places. I have my slides for the talk I gave at DESY available online.
- 17.2.2018 I performed at a ScienceSLAM in Helsinki. You can see my slides and watch a video!
- 16.11.2017 In autumn 2017 I visited Helsingin Suomalainen Yhteiskoulu and spoke to their IB Physics students about gravitational waves. My slides are here.
- 12.8.2017 In summer 2017 I was invited to give a talk at Worldcon 75 in Helsinki. My slides are online.
- 4.7.2017 I gave a talk at a NORDITA workshop in July 2017, which is available to watch on YouTube. I also made the slides available.
- 19.5.2017 In spring 2017 I gave a series of lectures on gravitational waves at the Spring School on Numerical Relativity and Gravitational Wave Physics.
[I started using reveal.js to give talks in 2017, which is why this list starts here]